What is a night shift security job?
What do you do on a night shift security job?
Night shift security job is to provide overnight security for buildings and/or its occupants. A night security guard may patrol on foot or in a car or spend your shift watching the grounds via a closed-circuit television system. He may also answer phone calls, take messages and respond to requests and questions.
Other duties often include the night shift security guard logging the times when someone comes in or leaves, verifying their identification and right to be on site, and keeping records of what happened during the nightly shift.
Night Shift Security Guards often have the following Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow safety and security policies and procedures at all times.
- Patrols properties
- Patrols hallways, parking lots, stairwells, lobbies.
- Ensures all guest room doors are closed and all public access doors locked.
- Ensures all properties security alarms and cameras are on and functional.
- Might spend all or part of his shift watching the monitors for any suspicious activity, and report to the superiors and local authorities in case of any suspicious activity.
- Responsible for maintaining clear and concise logs of all nightly occurrences, suspicious activity.
- Responds to guest requests quickly and courteously as reported by night shift staff.
- Respond to accidents, contact EMS or administer first aid/CPR as required.
- Assist guests/employees during emergency situations.
- Notify appropriate individuals or Authorities in the event of accidents, attacks, or other incidents.
- Escort any unwelcome persons from the property
- Lock property entrances when required.
- Performs all duties in a safe manner and reports all accidents to supervisor immediately.
- Maintains safety and security of guests at all times.
- Attendants any departmental meetings or training as per the schedule.
Small businesses especially have to deal with the reality that thefts and other crimes can occur on business premises. Some businesses, such as convenience stores and retail stores, may be targeted by criminals and thieves especially during the night. Night security guards can be used to prevent crime, maintain security, and assist customers and employees. Business owners should assess the benefits of hiring a night security guard before making any other decision.
Usually, the presence of a security guard at a business can provide peace of mind and a sense of security to the business owner, employees and also customers. Employees that work in high-risk areas or night shifts are more productive and easier to retain when they don’t have to worry about personal safety. It also lets customers know that you are concerned about their safety and willing to do anything to ensure it. This may be very important for businesses that deal in very high-end merchandise or are located in a high-crime area.
Looking for a Security Guard Job?
We are hiring armed and unarmed guards in a number of our markets. Apply today and work for the best security company in the business! We offer fair compensation, on-the-job training, and more.
Need Security Guard Services for Your Company?
Get a free security guard services quote for your company today. Our Business Development Managers are the best in the business and will be in touch with you ASAP to help with your security needs.