Security jobs are always available. It can even be a career, if you want it.
Security guard jobs will no longer exist when a gopher wins an Academy Award for Best Director. Security companies have positions constantly available because lawbreaking, and fear of it on all levels, is constant. If you're looking for job security, a security job is a safe bet.
Security jobs are everywhere!
Security companies install their staff in more varied locations than ever before. Banks and retail stores are the usual suspects. A few more positions that a security company must fill are:
- University or school security. Places of education need security personnel more than ever, often requiring the use of weapon detecting machines.
- Professional building lobby. Hospitals and office buildings need armed personnel hired too.
- Airports. Decades ago air travel's biggest worry came from pilot error or aircraft defects. Technology's advances have made that the safest part of flying while producing security machinery to detect intentional dangers. That machinery protects us because security people operate it.
- Armored truck guard. Always a target for criminals, it's a bank on wheels that needs security guards.
- Personal bodyguard. From CEO's to celebrities to politicians, many high-profile people hire protectors.
Security jobs are more than desk jobs.
While a fair amount of stationary duty occurs, it's not just killing time. Requirements could include one or all of the following:
- Check all doors and windows of buildings you're guarding on a regular schedule, making sure they're secure.
- Keep records or an hourly log of details that management wants to know about.
- Receive training for and operate security machinery: metal detectors, x-ray machines, etc.
- Initiate the appropriate response to any alarm that goes off. This would include immediate contact with law enforcement and fire departments. You are the first line of defense.
Bad economy or good, security companies are hiring.
Jumping from job to job ends when becoming a security guard. It's an occupation that's here for the duration, with the only jumping occurring when being reassigned to a new location. If you're looking for a stable career investigate security companies!